Colours play an important role in our lives and even when we do creative work or meditate, we can lend distinctive vibrations and focus our intentions better through the burning of different coloured candles. Indeed; candle “magick” is an important and much-studied science and art (which many feels, wrongly, is associated with black magic or witchcraft).
In this guide, we will only refer to the use of candle colours and their meanings for linking to individual energies as based on different coloured Chakras. We hope that the candle colours and their meanings are given below will work positively on specific forces of the Universe in order to strengthen your affirmations. This, in turn, can help you direct the Universal energy towards particular (positive) conclusions.
The principle behind candle magic
Candle magic is based on the same principle as that of colour therapy. Different colours have different frequencies which, in turn, have different effects on the human psyche. We can use these effects in a positive manner to enhance our mind power. Likewise, some candles are also fragrant and the different fragrances can also reflect differently on one’s feelings and emotions. Therefore, through candle magic, practitioners can make use of varying fragrances and colours of candles to create different effects for their clients.
According to the science of candle magic, specific candles may be used on specific days of the week, since these colours are also associated with the different Planets. Thus:
- Sunday– Gold or yellow candles
- Monday– Silver, Grey or White
- Tuesday– Red
- Wednesday– Purple
- Thursday– Blue
- Friday– Green
- Saturday– Black or Purple
Candle colours for healing purpose
Candle magic therapists also recommend specific coloured candles for addressing different illnesses. In brief, these are:
- Allergies- Violet
- Anxiety- Rose
- Colds- Green/violet
- Depression- Orange/Indigo/Rose
- Insomnia- Blue
- Indigestion- Yellow
- Fever- Blue
- Headaches- Green/blue
- Diabetes- Yellow
What do different candle colours mean?
Here are the meanings of different candle colours in general:
- White candles– Destruction of negative energy, peace, truth and purity
- Purple candles– Spiritual awareness, wisdom, tranquillity
- Lavender Candles– Intuition, Paranormal, Peace, Healing
- Blue and Deep Blue Candles– Meditation, Healing, Forgiveness, Inspiration, Fidelity, Happiness, and opening lines of Communication.
- Green Candles– Money, Fertility, Luck, Abundance, Health (not to be used when diagnosed with Cancer), Success
- Rose and Pink Colored Candles– Positive self-love, friendship, harmony, joy
- Yellow Candles– Realizing and manifesting thoughts, confidence, bringing plans into action, creativity, intelligence, mental clarity, clairvoyance.
- Orange Candles– Joy, energy, education, strong attraction, stimulation
- Red or Deep red Candles– Passion, energy, love, lust, relationships, sex, vitality, courage.
- Black Candles– Protection, absorption and destruction of negative energy and also repelling negative energy from others
- Silver candle– Goddess or feminine energy, remove negativity, psychic development
- Gold candle– Male energy, Solar energy, fortune, spiritual attainment,
Candle magick practitioners often recommend writing names, dates, birthdates and certain symbols on the candle (or its enclosing glass) to reaffirm one’s intentions. Additionally, the candles must be anointed in oil and you can use simple Olive oil or specific essential oils to dress the candle and increase their effectiveness. Based on the intentions or reasons why you are using candle colours based on their specific meanings, you will require taking a bath or cleansing the mind through meditation. The dressing of the candle is itself a ritual where you must completely focus on the intention while rubbing the oil on the wax of the candle.
Candles are also of different types as given below:
- Double action
- 7 Knob
- Coloured figure
- Adam and Eve or
- Witch candles
Based on specific candle colour meanings these can be used for the following affirmations and intentions:
- To draw good luck and wealth and remove negative people- Double Action Black or Green candle
- To attract love- Double action red candle
- To enhance spiritual energy- Double action white or black candle
- To attract good spirits- Reversible black on the outside and red on the inside
- To get success, win, or acquire a job- 7 Knob Green coloured candle
- To bring Peace at home or in business- 7 Knob white
- To bring passion in a relationship- Adam and Eve candle in the red colour
- To add power or make written affirmations more powerful- Use red witch candle, place the paper underneath the candle.
We leave you with a disclaimer that we are not responsible for how you use the information presented above. The owner of this site is also not responsible for the accuracy or effectiveness of the different candle colours and their meanings presented above.